Since 2008, kiteboarders from all over the planet have assembled their best footage to submit for the Wind Voyager Triple-S Wildcard Video Contest. Each year, the best wakestyle riders scour their hard drives for the “A+” clips, then hit the water and session their brains out to stack a few last-minute tricks into the edit. Standout riders from kite spots all over the world hold nothing back, showcasing their talent on a wide variety of kicker and slider features. The results are nothing short of mind-blowing, an incredible snapshot of the wakestyle kiteboarding scene.
Want to compete in the 2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S Invitational? There are two ways between now and the start of the event that ANYONE in the world can claim the remaining 6 spots in the event: The Wind Voyager Wildcard Video Contest and the Wind Voyager Triple-S Open. From both of these contests, two men and two women will advance into the 2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S Invitational.
Wind Voyager Triple-S Wildcard Video submissions should be no longer than 3 minutes long and will be judged solely on riding – not lifestyle or editing. With the 100% Kiteboarding Slider Park format for the 2018 event, kiteboarding on sliders and kickers should be the focus of your video content.
2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S Wildcard Entries Open for Submissions
Wildcard Video Submission Instructions
1. Download the 2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S intro HERE.
2. Create your video with the branded intro and your name added. *You do not have to use the stock intro music.*
3. Upload your video to www.vimeo.com
4. Make sure your video is embeddable
5. Using the form below, send us a link to your video, along with a few lines about yourself and why you’d like to be part of the 2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S Invitational.
1. The deadline for all Wind Voyager Triple-S Wildcard Videos is April 18th 11:59pm EST.
2. Winners will be chosen by the Triple-S Steering Committee and announced on April 20th, 2018. Two spots are available for the Men’s Division and Women’s Divisions through the Wind Voyager Triple-S Wildcard Video Contest.
3. Videos will be judged solely on the quality of riding. Editing and effects will not be taken into consideration.
4. Kiteboarding on sliders, kickers, park and/or natural/manmade features should be the focus of your video content.
5. Cable park footage is considered “lifestyle” footage and will not be judged, however, you may include cable park footage as “lifestyle” shots to build out your edit.
6. Inclusion of footage that has already been used for other video projects is absolutely fine and will not negatively affect the decision process.
7. Read and follow the instructions above. Seems obvious, but then again….
Tips for your submission:
1. The 2018 Wind Voyager Triple-S Invitational will focus solely on kickers, sliders and park features. The Triple-S Steering Committee recommends submitting your best kiteboarding footage with as much slider/kicker/feature action as possible.
2. Although we are judging the videos solely on the quality of riding, feel free to include some humor and entertainment. The Wind Voyager Triple-S is the most progressive kiteboarding event in the world and we’re looking for riders that like to have a good time.
Please note that entries will not post to the site automatically, so there may be some delay between you submitting your video and it appearing live on TripleSinvitational.com
Please contact Triple_S@realwatersports.com with any questions about the submission process.